CPAAA Executive Board Meeting
September 10, 2009
Arvada PD Executive Conference Room
Meeting called to order at 6:03P by Lloyd Ferguson, Vice Chair.
In Attendance: Board Members - Nancy Mayer, Marilynn Maring, Leona Rude, Gary Busch, Deb Hamilton, Lloyd Ferguson, Kay Rowland
Arvada PD Liaison - Sgt. Jeff Monzingo
Secretary's Report - Nancy Mayer
· August, 2009 minutes reviewed. Under "Old Business" it stated that Deb would bring the CPAAA apparel to the Murder Mystery Dinner. This was revised to read that Lloyd and Pat Ferguson will bring the apparel to the dinner. Motion to approve revised minutes by Deb, Kay seconded. Revised minutes approved.
· 501c3 application - tabled until October meeting. Nancy needs some info from Kay and will work on scheduling a meeting with her to obtain financials.
Treasurer's Report - Kay Rowland
· July's EOM was $4,715.08 and August's EOM balance is $4,635.08. $248.20 outstanding in uncleared checks. Motion to approve by Nancy, seconded by Gary & Deb. Treasurer's report approved.
· Current members - 92 - no change from last month. Some minor updates to contacts will be included in next report.
Chair's and Vice-Chair's Report - Lloyd Ferguson, Acting Chair
· Hours report - 15 projects YTD and 8 Board meetings. YTD hours = 547.40. Board members provided Lloyd with more hours to add to various projects. Will be updated for next month's meeting.
Past Chair's Report - Marilynn Maring
· Marilynn referenced an email from Jim Woodford regarding a hand injury. She will send a card on behalf of CPAAA.
PD Liaison Report - Sgt. Jeff Monzingo
· Next newsletter articles are due to Jeff by September 24th so that it can be published prior to the Murder Mystery Dinner.
Ø Gary and Lloyd will send their bios to him for inclusion.
Ø Marilynn will prepare articles for Murder Mystery Dinner and November's elections.
Ø Gary will write up an article on the Car Detailing.
· From July's meeting and tabled until October's meeting - Nancy brought up that since we've moved our Board meetings to the SECOND Thursday of the month going forward, we should review the remainder of 2009 for any potential conflicts with events that were scheduled prior to this change. Board approved and we'll discuss at September's meeting.
· Gary provided an update on the upcoming Car Detailing scheduled for Saturday, 9/19. Sixteen people have volunteered so far. Jeff asked Gary about Car Detailing supplies and will add rubber gloves to the list.
· Murder Mystery Dinner, Thursday, October 22, $20 per person - Marilynn shared that it's on track. Board members are asked to provide door prizes. Marilynn will get invitations to the Chief, Deputy Chiefs, and their spouses. We'll discuss and finalize plans at the October 8 Board meeting.
CPAAA Volunteer Task Force
· Gary shared that 13 people responded to his email regarding this task force. Current CPAAA members on this task force are Gary, Normalee Lee, Jill Engdahl, and Doug Gibbs. More information at October's meeting. This will be a new agenda topic going forward.
· Update CPAAA end program for graduating members - Gary. Tabled until October.
· Deb asked that CPAAA consider increasing its donation to Arvada's "Lighting of the Holidays" program. Nancy motioned that we donate $300 to this year's program. Kay seconded. Approved. Deb will get more information on member involvement. Seems some volunteers were turned away and/or not needed at last year's gift-wrapping event. Deb will provide an update at next meeting.
· Deb & Nancy shared an idea from Joan Campbell that CPAAA consider a scholarship for officers for more training. Nancy suggested we broaden this to include officers' children and perhaps civilian employees. Lots of discussion on logistics, application process, who would review applications, etc. Jeff suggested we instead consider co-sponsoring a training event for the Arvada PD. Since Joan wasn't at this meeting, the Board tabled this topic until we can hear from Joan at a future meeting.
- October 2 & 3 - Regis University CSI at Arvada Center
- October 22 - Murder Mystery Dinner - Joan and Marilynn will visit w/Indian Tree in the next week or so. Marilynn will write an article for the newsletter and coordinate event.
- November 4 - CPA Graduation
- November 11 (WEDNESDAY) - CPAAA General Meeting and Elections for vice-chair, treasurer, and two director positions.
Next Board meeting -THURSDAY, October 8, 2009 - 6P.
Meeting adjourned at 7:08P.
Nancy R. Mayer, CPAAA Secretary