Keeping informed about your local community can be difficult when you don’t have much time. That is why the City of Arvada continues to expand its NotifyMe alert system with more categories of information for our residents and business owners.
Log on to the City's Notify Me page HERE and select which alerts you’d like to receive from the City. You will need to create an account that you can then tailor to fit your preferences. The categories for information are:
- City Council Meetings – receive information about upcoming Council Meetings
- Community Events – get a list of local events twice a month for you and your family.
- Ralston Creek (formerly known as Arvada Triangle) – hear about new updates regarding the redevelopment of this area.
- Arvada Plans – receive information regarding Arvada’s Comprehensive Plan, including future meetings.
- Olde Town Arvada Station – learn about the progress of the Olde Town Arvada commuter rail station, including future meetings.
The alerts can always be received through messages to your preferred email address. Some NotifyMe categories also have the option of sending you a message via telephone. You can change your selection or opt out of any category at any time.
As an additional benefit to being a NotifyMe user, you will receive messages on this system during large-scale situations that are impacting our community. This could include items such as: severe weather that is impacting our community, water quality issues, unplanned road closures, etc. This feature will only be used during urgent situations as another way to communicate to our community.
This feature will NOT replace the CodeRED Emergency Notification system or reverse9-1-1. Emergency notifications are handled through the dispatch system and cover emergency situations such as evacuations, dangerous suspects in the area and critical safety information. Land line telephones are automatically included in the CodeRED database. Cell phones must be registered through Jefferson County to be included in emergency notifications. To register your cell phone for emergency notifications only, log on to the CodeRED notification system at your911.net.