Arvada, CO . . . Bring the whole family for a fun, FREE adventure as Arvada celebrates Trails Day!
WHEN: Saturday, June 7, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Majestic View Nature Center, 7030 Garrison Street
Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge, W. 80th Avenue just east of Kipling Street
Part of the National Trails Day celebration, Arvada Trails Day features nature exhibits, live animal presentations, eco-friendly activities, resource conservation exhibits, free hotdogs and ice cream, and information about Arvada’s 125 miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails.
- 5K trail walks along historic canal trails connecting Two Ponds and Majestic View. The walks begin at 9 a.m. at both locations.
- Recreational bike rides: Leave from Majestic View Park (helmets required): 8:45 a.m., 20-mile recreational ride on streets; 9:15 a.m, 6-mile family-friendly ride on trails and streets
At Majestic View Nature Center
- HawkQuest at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.; Downtown Aquarium at 12 p.m.
- Nature and outdoor exhibits
- Kids’ environmental education and craft activities
At Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge
- Live animal exhibits
- Environmental education displays and activities
- Kids’ activities
A free shuttle will run between the two sites. Parking is available at Majestic View Nature Center and the Medical Center parking lot on the southeast corner of 80th and Kipling. For more information call 720-898-7405 or visit our web site at www.arvada.org.