The role of the Design Review Advisory Committee (DRC) is to make recommendations to the Director of Community Development regarding compliance with the Design Guidelines for Olde Town Arvada. The Committee reviews requests for land use activities within the Olde Town Zoning District for compliance with the Design Guidelines for Olde Town Arvada. They also provide input for the content of the Design Guidelines, as needed. The DRC membership consists of representatives of the residents and businesses in Olde Town, as well as the Arvada Historical Society and Historic Olde Town Arvada, and includes three members at large. Members with expertise in history, architecture, landscape architecture, architectural history, prehistoric or historic archaeology and a special interest in Olde Town Arvada are desired. This is a volunteer appointment. .
Current members of the Committee are:
- Debbie Pearson, Olde Town Residents Representative
- Dennis Culligan, Historical Society Representative
- Roger Direnka, Olde Town Businesses Representative
- Jill Mendoza, At-Large Representative
- Scott Spears, HOTA Representative
- Matthew Prythero, At-Large Representative
- Chuck Wempe, At-Large Representative
The Design Review Advisory Committee normally meets the third Thursday of each month. The meetings are held at 8:30 a.m., in the AURA Conference Room, 5601 Wadsworth Blvd. For more information, please contact Cheryl Drake, Community Development, at 720-898-7455.