DISQUALIFICATION GUIDELINES FOR
ALL POLICE DEPARTMENT APPLICANTS
The following criteria will cause the disqualification of an applicant from the selection process for any position with the Arvada Police Department.
· Use of marijuana within the last three years.
· Any arrest for Driving Under the Influence for alcohol or drugs in the last five years, unless case was dismissed.
· Influence of any other illegal drug within the last five years.
· Any production, cultivation, transportation or sale of illegal drugs.
· Any instance of fraudulently obtaining a prescription medication or controlled substance, or forging a prescription order.
· Evidence of current excessive alcohol use.
· Any citation for reckless driving or speed contest/drag racing in the last five years (determined by cited offense, not by plea disposition).
· Any driver's license revocation, denial, suspension, or cancellation within the last five years.
· Any driver's license revocation as a Habitual Traffic Offender.
· Any Hit and Run accidents within the last five years.
· Falsifying documentation of a college degree, transcript, or specialized training.
· Falsifying documentation of law enforcement certification.
· Knowingly falsifying requested information during the selection process.
· Cheating on any portion of the selection process.
· Any dishonorable discharge from military service.
· Conviction of any crimes prohibiting P.O.S.T Board certification (police officer applicants only). To see "misdemeanors affecting certification" by P.O.S.T., go to www.ago.state.co.us
· Conviction of any domestic violence related offense.
· Any felony conviction.
· Any felony adjudication as a juvenile.
· Self-admitted commission of any felony as an adult.
· Applicant is currently subject to any restraining order pursuant to a domestic violence proceeding, or which prohibits them from possessing a firearm.
· Any pattern of criminal activity (self admitted or otherwise).
· Falsified a written report.
· Given perjured sworn testimony at any time as an adult.
· Offering or paying a bribe at any time.
· Current or former member or supporter of any group that seeks to alter the form of government of the United States of America by unconstitutional means.
Previous Law Enforcement
· Soliciting or accepting a bribe at any time as a law enforcement officer.
· Giving false statements or falsifying a report at any time as a law enforcement officer.
· Use of any illegal drug, on or off duty, while employed as a law enforcement officer.