The City of Arvada offers tax rebates to qualified residents through the Resident Tax Rebate Program. The 2014 Program runs from May 1 through October 31. Rebate amounts are $85 for the first person and $50 for additional persons.
You may be qualified for the Resident Tax Rebate Program if you lived within the Arvada City limits in 2013 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Senior citizen: Age 65 by December 31, 2013
- Single: Between the age of 55 and 65 by December 31, 2013
- Disabled person
- Single head of household with dependent children
AND, the gross income for the entire household from all sources, including Social Security, is equal to or less than:
- One person - $27,250
- Two persons - $31,150
- Three persons - $35,050
- Four persons - $38,900
Documentation must be provided each year for all income sources. Bank statements cannot be accepted. Residency information must also be provided. Residency can be established with:
- Copy of a lease agreement or rental receipts for all 2013.
- Copy of 2013 City of Arvada utility bill in applicant’s name.
- Other 2013 documents accepted at the discretion of City staff.
Interested applicants may retrieve an application and affidavit here. You may also call the Resident Rebate hotline for more information or to request an application at 720-898-7114.