Jefferson County Accepted as Designated Disaster Area
As of September 19, Jefferson County has been accepted as a Designated Disaster Area.
Assistance for qualified applicants may include:
- Grants to rent temporary housing as needed.
- Grants for home repairs not covered by insurance.
- Grants for serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance—such as medical or dental expenses, moving and storage fees, and personal property replacement.
- Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations to cover losses not fully compensated by insurance.
How to apply:
- Apply online at http://www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Apply via smartphone at http://m.fema.gov
- Call the registration phone number at 1-800-621-3362; those who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362.
What info you will need:
- Social Security number
- Address of the damaged home or apartment
- Description of the damage
- Information about insurance coverage
- A current contact telephone number
- An address where you can get mail
- Bank account and routing numbers if you want direct deposit of any financial assistance.
For more information on the Colorado disaster operation, visit http://fema.gov/disaster/4145 .