The Information Technology Department’s Vision is “Providing value through innovative technology and excellent service.”
Quite simply its brand is providing "Great Technology Great Service."
The Department is comprised of 4 divisions: Information Services (IS), Network Systems (NS), Police Systems and General Services (Mail Room and Print Shop). The IT Department’s purpose is to create and maintain the computer infrastructure including hardware, software and telecommunications equipment necessary to support needs of the City of Arvada. Additionally, the Information Technology Department operates all internal mail, print and main reception services for the City.
City of Arvada Technology Goals:
Provide residents, businesses and City staff convenient electronic access to information and services;
Partner with appropriate government entities, non-profit organizations and private firms in providing the most effective and efficient delivery of City government information services;
Deliver timely and effective responses to customer requirements;
Guarantee a reliable computer infrastructure;
Effectively manage the City’s information and technology assets;
Ensure reliable connections between technology partners
This department provides value by:
- Serving the community in supporting the technology needed for Public Safety (Police Department)
- Serving the community in supporting the technology needed for City owned websites.
- Serving the community in supporting the technology needed for Financial Management systems involving Sales Tax, Water Billing, Budget, Accounts Payable, Financial Reporting and Audits.
- Serving the community in supporting the technology needed for Communications Systems involving internal E-mail and phone systems.
- Serving the community in supporting services needed for all internal mail, copy, print and reception.
We welcome any questions or comments.
Need help or information? Try using Ask Arvada for services provided by this department.