High Flyin' Fun
Annual Arvada Kite Festival
When: 2016 Date TBD
2015 Kite Festival Facts:
- Highest number of attendees in the 12 years the festival has been held
- Second windiest year for the festival
- Most community and food vendor participants
- Most activities offered
- First year that ALL activities were FREE
Photos from the 2015 Kite Festival
“What an awesome event to welcome spring, watch children of all ages seeing their kites soar and get a chance to share some time with our neighbors!”
Soaring kites! Colorful kites! Majestic kites! Come join this free, fun, family event. Whether you’re flying or watching kites, get outside with your family and enjoy all of the exciting outdoor activities the festival has to offer!
2015 Festival Information and Schedule
Purchase a t-shirt with our kite logo and color it to make it your own! Availabe from Super Tee's at the event.
Bring your camera or smart phone and take pictures in our photo-op display.
Schedule of Events
10:00 am - Kite Festival begins
10:05 a.m. - Pledge of Allegiance
1:00 -1:30 p.m. - Arvada Chamber Choir
2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Arvada Chamber Choir
10:05 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Kite flying! Bring your kite or if you don’t have one handy, purchase it at the event. Watch your kite soar.
- Kid’s fun! Jumping castle and slide, train rides, several face painters, balloon artists, hamster balls and more for non-stop fun! The best part is all of these acitvities are FREE!
- Music! A DJ playing music throughout the day so bring your dancing shoes.
- Professional kite flying! Exhibits by professional kite flyers.
- Booths! Many community and general vendors offering consumer goods and services and plenty of great food vendors.
3:00 pm - Event concludes
While there is a lot of free parking at Stenger field, we encourage those of you that can bike or walk to the event to do so. A special bike parking lot will be available just for those who bike to the event.
Information / Volunteer
For more information or to volunteer for this fun event, please call 720-898-7403.
There is NOT an inclement weather date so rain or shine,the event will go forward.
ATM machine will be provided.
DOGS - if you bring a dog it must be on a leash and it is not allowed on the open kite flying field. Please be responsible for picking up the dog waste and disposing of it.