CPAAA Executive Board Meeting
Arvada PD - Ann Campbell Room
Meeting called to order at 6:03P by Normalee Lee, Chair.
In Attendance: Board Members - Normalee Lee, Nancy Mayer, Gary Busch, Deb Hamilton, Lloyd Ferguson, Joan Campbell, Pat Ferguson
Arvada PD Representative - Pat Claar
Guests - Leona Rude, Karen Graves, Jim Shires (Jeffco)
Secretary's Report - Nancy Mayer for Maureen Tooher - March's minutes reviewed and approved
Treasurer's Report - Nancy Mayer
· March's report - beginning balance of $4,873.2 and ending balance of $4,679.11. Approved.
· Current members paid for 2010 and beyond - 46. Members from 2009 who have not paid current year's dues - 49. Renewal notices to be sent out in next few weeks.
Chair's Report - Normalee Lee
· Kite Festival set for April 10 (Saturday) 10A to 2P - table and canopy not needed since we'll be using the APD command van.
· May general meeting - changed to WEDNESDAY, May 19, to accommodate board members attending the NCPAA Conference during the week of May 10 - 14. John Doll w/APD will be our speaker and will talk about a cold case.
· September's general meeting speaker will be John Michael Keyes, father of Emily, victim of Platte Canyon High School shooting.
· Two volunteer opportunities are posted on the CPAAA website and are for administrative support at the Police Department.
· The volunteer party is set for Thursday, July 8 at Memorial Park behind the PD. Normalee will sent out "save the date" letters.
· Newsletter articles are due by April 15. Joan will write an article about the upcoming 2nd grade officer appreciation contest.
· Normalee will have business cards printed for Lloyd, Pat and Deb to distribute at NCPAA event.
· Cindy from Thornton's alumni association unable to attend tonight and will reschedule.
Vice-Chair's Report - Lloyd Ferguson
Hours report - Lloyd will have report for May meeting.
PD Liaison Report - Officer Pat Claar for AJ DeAndrea
May general meeting - Nancy asked for 15 minutes to review 2010 National Conference feedback from Hilton Head and to give update on 2011 Conference planning.
CPAAA Volunteer Task Force - Tabled
· 2010 Event Coordinators - Normalee passed around a list of scheduled events for the remainder of 2010 and asked Board members to sign up as event coordinators. She'll distribute the finalized list at the May board meeting.
· Normalee asked Board for ideas on recognizing CPAAA volunteers - stand alone event? - wait 'til year end in order to accumulate more volunteer hours - Nancy will send Normalee some ideas from a previous employer's program.
· April 10 - Kite Festival (Normalee in charge) 10A to 2P
· Fill Up A Can - cancelled
· May 5 - Wednesday - CPA graduation - Gary to bring merchandise - Nancy to bring receipt book - any Board members attending are asked to bring refreshments - cake provided by APD - Normalee to bring CPAAA applications.
· May 22 - Saturday - Arvada PD Car Detailing (Gary)
· May 24 - APD Awards Ceremony and 2nd Grade Officer Appreciation Contest - Joan needs volunteers to take applications to Arvada schools - approximately 27. Will meet after the Board meeting to finalize this. Applications are due back by May 7.
Next Board meeting - WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 6 - 6:45, followed by general meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 7:05P.
Nancy R. Mayer for Maureen Tooher, CPAAA Secretary