The park and urban design program directs the planning, acquisition, design and construction of new parks, trail areas, and beautification of open space areas throughout the city. The division also coordinates the capital maintenance plan for existing parks, develops project priorities, and bids and supervises major repair projects in existing parks.
The division works closely with Jefferson County Open Space, the Apex Park and Recreation District and other public and private agencies in acquisitions, grants, reimbursement and planning projects.
- Jefferson County Open Space Reimbursement
- Grant Proposals
- Capital Maintenance Program
- Capital Improvement Program
- Land Acquisition
- Water Conservation Program
- Long Range Planning
- Plan Review and Landscape Inspection
- Design Services to Other Departments and Other Agencies
- Customer Service/Coordination with Special Interest Group
- Apex Assistance
- Arvada Parks Advisory Committee