Ralston House, the child advocacy center in Colorado's First Judicial District, is participating in Child Abuse Prevention Month in Jefferson County during the month of April. To honor and support children in the community who have suffered abuse and to keep children safe from abuse, Ralston House is asking community members to plant a pinwheel garden at their home or business to bring awareness to this important issue.
Brilliant-blue pinwheels are a symbol of child abuse prevention awareness across the nation. Ralston House is asking organizations around Jefferson County to plant gardens of pinwheels in April to send the message to children that: Abuse is not your fault. We are on your side. We believe you and want to help you heal.
Ralston House is Planting Hope. Goals are to raise $30,000 by selling individual pinwheels for three large gardens--Faith Bible Chapel, Jeffco Open School and Gold Crown Foundation--and raise community awareness. To do this, Ralston House needs your help.
1. Call Ralston House to pick up (or the Ralston House team will deliver) a garden kit containing 50 pinwheels, signage, pamphlets and a collection envelope at Ralston House.
2. Sell pinwheels at your location for $5 each.
3. Before the end of April, plant the pinwheels in a garden at your location with the sign provided to explain the project.
4. Write a check to Ralston House for the money collected. Your goal is to raise at least $250. If you are unable to reach this goal, simply return the unsold pinwheels and money collected to Ralston House.
5. Email us a photo of your garden and we will post it on our web site!
For more information contact Ashley Irlando, Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-898-6744.
Ralston House is a nationally accredited nonprofit agency that helps children and teens who are suspected of being sexually or physically abused by providing comprehensive services in a child-friendly atmosphere.