2016 Dates TBA
Ralston House, the child advocacy center in Colorado's First Judicial District, is participating in Child Abuse Prevention Month in Jefferson County during the month of April. To honor and support children in the community who have suffered abuse and to help keep children safe from abuse, Ralston House is asking community members to plant a pinwheel garden at their home or business to bring awareness to this important issue.
Brilliant-blue pinwheels are a symbol of child abuse prevention awareness across the nation. Ralston House is asking organizations around Jefferson County to plant gardens of pinwheels in April to send the message to children that: Abuse is not your fault. We are on your side. We believe you and want to help you heal.
Ralston House is Planting Hope. The goal is to raise $55,000! You can be a part of spreading the message of prevention and help Ralston House meet its goal of $55,000.
To get started on your pinwheel garden:
1. Call Ralston House to order a garden kit containing 50 pinwheels, signage, pamphlets and a collection envelope at Ralston House.
2. Collect donations for pinwheels at your location for $5 each.
3. During the month of April, plant the pinwheel "garden" at your location with the sign provided to explain the project.
4. Write a check to Ralston House for the money collected. Your goal is to raise at least $250. If you are unable to reach this goal, simply return the pinwheels and money collected to Ralston House.
5. Email us a photo of your garden and we will post it on our web site! www.ralstonhouse.net
For more information contact Ashley Lapp, Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-898-6744.
Ralston House is a nationally accredited nonprofit agency that helps children and teens who are suspected of being sexually or physically abused by providing comprehensive services in a child-friendly atmosphere.