Notice of Substantial Amendment of the City of Arvada Annual Action PlanRegarding Funding Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and Other Changes
The Recovery Act will provide $136,700 in additional Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-R) funds to the City of Arvada to carry out, on an expedited basis, eligible activities under the CDBG program. The City will also be utilizing CDBG funds through the Annual Action Plan for eligible CDBG administrative costs. The City will submit this substantial amendment to the HUD field office by June 5, 2009.
CDBG funding will be utilized by the City of Arvada for three purposes:
- $20,500 in CDBG-R funding for the provision of basic public health and food services for low and moderate income households:
- Carin Clinic that provides primary health care services to children of low and moderate income households. Estimated benefit is 700 persons.
- Arvada Community Food Bank provides food to low and moderate income households. Estimated benefit is 8,000 persons.
- $116,200 in CDBG-R funding for the reconstruction of a deficient 19 year old children’s playground recreation facility in Memorial Park at approximately Barbara Ann Drive and Balsam Street that will also make it ADA compliant. Estimated private sector jobs to be created will be 4 to 5 construction related trades, 1 construction supervisor, and 2 design trades. Estimated period of construction is three months. rn
- $60,000 in CDBG funding for eligible CDBG administration costs
The City of Arvada is providing a 7 calendar day period for citizen comment on its CDBG substantial amendment of the Annual Action Plan. The public comment period on the proposed Substantial Amendment of the City of Arvada Annual Action Plan is from May 15, 2009 through May 22, 2009. Comments can be mailed to the address below.
Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization Division
City of Arvada Annex Building
8001 Ralston Road
Arvada, Colorado 80002
The City of Arvada will post its Substantial Amendment of the City of Arvada Annual Action Plan on its website along with a summary of citizen comments received.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Please contact Cherrie Maltos at 720-898-7496, between 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., weekdays.
Published: May 14, 2009