Victim's Compensation Information

In some types of crimes, you may be eligible for victim compensation benefits. If you are an innocent victim of a violent crime, you may qualify for compensation.

To be eligible you must:

  1. Be an Arvada Crime Victim
  2. Notify the Arvada Police Department within 72 hours of the crime and cooperate fully with officers.
  3. Apply for compensation within one year of the offense (unless claim is for property damage only to your primary residence, then the claim must be filed within six months of the crime).

You may be compensated for:

  • Medical Expenses
  • Mental health counseling
  • Loss of earnings
  • Homemaker and home health services
  • Burial Expenses
  • Loss of support to dependents
  • Eyeglasses, hearing aid and other prosthetic or medically necessary devices
  • Doors, windows or locks up to $500 on damage to your primary residence