Work in the Street / Request for Revocable Temporary Street Closure



Any work on any City street or sidewalk requires a traffic control plan that must be submitted to Traffic Engineering for review and approval. Except in the case of emergency repair work, traffic control plans should be submitted at least 72 hours in advance of the start of the work. A copy of the approved traffic control plan shall be kept on the job site at all times. An approved plan is required before a right-of-way permit can be issued.

Residents that want to close a portion of a local street for a neighborhood celebration can submit a Block Party Permit application to the City requesting permission to temporarily close a part of a local road. The permit includes a petition that must be signed by those residents that may be effected by the temporary closure. Permit applications should be submitted at least one week prior to the event.