Police continue to investigate a shooting at Youth with a Mission at 12750 West 63 Ave, Arvada, occurring just after 12:30 am on December 9, 2007. A lone gunman entered the dorm and shot four adults.
Clarifying Information: Youth with a Mission (YWAM) Arvada did not receive hate mail from the gunman prior to the shooting. A smaller YWAM chapter serving youth under 18 referred to as King’s Kids Arvada received electronic communication from the gunman several years ago regarding his dissatisfaction with Christianity. The communication implied Christians were “hypocrites” with no threats of violence.
• Detectives are re-interviewing witnesses
• At this time, 911 tapes are not available
• Police reports are not available until the investigation is complete
• Detectives continue to process evidence
• At this point in the investigation, police believe the gunman acted alone