In an effort to have Citizen Police Academy (CPA) members stay involved with the Arvada Police Department and to tap the skills, talents and time of CPA graduates, an alumni association was established in September 2000. Today, the Citizen Police Academy Arvada Alumni (CPAAA) has approximately 70 active members who are involved in the following activities:
- Child Identification - Providing parents with child identification kits for use in the event of an emergency.
- Drug Take Back - In partnership with the Northey Foundation, this event is held the second Saturday in April each year and raises scholarship funds for Arvada high school students who want to pursue higher education degrees.
- Shred-A-Thon - Another events, this one in the fall, that supports the Northey Foundation Scholarship Program.
- Advanced Training - Annual training furthering the basic training shared at the academy.
- Annual Murder Mystery Dinner - A "whodunnit?" dinner with a crime scene re-enactment based on a true Arvada crime.
- Colorado Police Canine Association - CPAAA volunteers with this statewide organization to assist in marketing, awareness, events and more.
- Police Department Volunteerism - The CPAAA is a primary source of volunteers for the Arvada Police Department completing a variety of tasks.
- To bring together graduates of the Arvada Citizen Police Academy as a source of active volunteer support to the Arvada Police Department.
- To promote awareness of law enforcement and community issues.
- Enhance relations between the community and the Department
- To encourage and recruit participants for the Academy through our activities and community involvement.
Executive Officers for 2013
- Chair - Nancy Mayer
- Vice-Chair - Dan Doy
- Secretary - Maureen Tooher
- Treasurer - Marilynn Maring
- Members-at-Large - Dick Cavenah, Ron Horn, Cici Huff, Bernadette Moreno, Gerri Ramirez
- APD Liaison: Public Relations Coordinator Jill McGranahan 720.898.6654