The Gold Line is an 11.2-mile electric commuter rail transit line that will connect Denver Union Station to Wheat Ridge, passing through northwest Denver, Adams County and Arvada. There are eight stations: Denver Union Station, 41st/Fox, Pecos, Federal, Sheridan, Olde Town Arvada, Arvada Ridge and Ward Road. Final design is completed and utility relocations will soon begin. The Gold Line is scheduled to open to the public in mid-2016. The Gold Line is part of a larger project called the Eagle P3 project which includes the East Corridor transit line to Denver International Airport. The Eagle 3 project is an innovative public-private partnership which is fully funded. Read More.
Kipling Parkway is fully open with all four lanes as of March 31, 2014.
With Gold Line construction getting closer and closer to Arvada, there are several road closures that will occur over the next several months.
Below is the anticipated schedule for upcoming road closures. Please keep in mind all of these dates are subject to change depending on weather delays.
BNSF railroad crossings:
- Allison Street closed through mid-April again mid-July through end of July
- Balsam Street closed end of March through end of April and again June through July
- Carr Street closed end of April through beginning of June
- Garrison Street closed end of March through end of April and again June through July
- Independence Street closed end of March through beginning of June
- Parfet Street closed mid-March through early April
- Tennyson Street closed through late April
As BNSF continues to work on their tracks in preparation of the Gold Line commuter rail, there will be future closures throughout the summer and fall around the BNSF rail lines. We will continue to keep you updated as closures occur.
For construction information, please contact the Gold Line team at (303) 576-3352. For after-hour emergencies, please call 1-855-EAGLE P3 (324-5373).
Information on the Olde Town Transit Oriented Development Project
Mobility Study Update
The Gold Line electric commuter rail project is under construction. An up to date project is available online.
There are currently no upcoming events scheduled for the near future.
Christina Zazueta, Public Information Manager for the Gold Line/NW Rail
303-576-3352 or email@example.com